Product Manager - Data
About the team
Since 2012, loveholidays has been enabling customers to search for the right holiday by the type of holiday (beach, kids club, less than £250 per person), not just where and when our customers want to go on holiday. This approach has been one of the building blocks that has taken us to be the 4th largest package operator in the UK and a number of prestigious growth awards on route.
At loveholidays, we daily process half a trillion hotel room and flight combinations into holiday package. Holiday data feeds into sophisticated real time search and machine learning recommendation systems, all hosted on cutting edge cloud infrastructure, to provide our customers with industry leading technology for finding the best holiday.
Our product managers help us to bring new products and features to market that genuinely benefit our customers while at the same time make good business sense for ourselves and our suppliers. This role is focused in our platform teams - building the back-end services that help power customer queries.
This role assists the business with building data and packages products by organising teams, helping plan and develop projects, and liaising with the wider business to identify, prioritise and deliver projects.
Our approach to building platform products has always focused on using technology to build the bridge between our customers and suppliers. As a couple of examples:
- Our search systems process billions of holiday offers from our suppliers to find the best value holidays which we present in innovative ways to our customers. The systems are bespoke to us, built on our years of experience and our desire to differentiate ourselves in a competitive market
- Our data systems monitor our own internal systems and gather data from external providers to provide the business with the key information they need to make the right decisions and ensure our platforms continue to operate as expected. We use off the shelf tools (BigQuery, Spark) to power our processing and are looking to move towards a Data Mesh approach to continue scaling our data services.
The Platform Product Manager will work closely with our engineering, data science and analysts teams to evolve existing and create new product initiatives. The work is varied - you will be solving ambiguous, difficult problems for a range of stakeholders: customers, suppliers and internal teams. Our teams are highly technical and detail-oriented and they work in a fast paced environment - close-knit teams with excellent communication are essential for us to deliver for the business.
In addition, the Platform Product Manager will take the ideas within our teams and work across the business and with senior management to ensure that we have a coherent product and technology vision and roadmap for the business.
To read more about our engineering approach please take a read of our engineering principles
What we'll look for in you
- Identify market gaps and key product initiatives that allow loveholidays to keep growing in our core markets and begin to break out into new markets
- Build market and competitive research frameworks to allow us to quickly assess new opportunities
- Work closely with a number of technical teams to ensure the delivery of outstanding products for our customers, suppliers and internal teams
What you'll be doing
- Conduct sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, competition, customer behaviours, and loveholidays positioning to yield key insights that drive product roadmaps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to get a holistic understanding of customers’ problems and market opportunities (customer in this sense includes: holiday customers, suppliers & internal teams)
- Build business cases for new product initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing
- Work in close proximity with executive leadership as well as heads of departments to drive product strategy, resource investment, and KPI calibration
- Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs
What you'll need
- Excellent communication with stakeholders and senior team members
- Experience turning customer problems into technical solutions
- Technical depth and tenacity that enable you to break down complex and ambiguous problems to conclusion with the technical delivery teams