At loveholidays we have 4.5 million visitors each month and process half a trillion holiday packages every day. In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and processed a booking every 47 seconds.
As a Software Engineer, you will contribute to the evolution of our search, recommendation, booking, fulfilment and data analysis systems, all hosted on cutting edge cloud infrastructure, to provide our customers with industry leading technology for finding the best holidays.
What you'll be working on
- Supplier integration and data systems that daily process vast amounts of data
- Industry leading bespoke, high performance search and recommendation systems
- Sophisticated real time pricing systems running our Data Science team's models
- Complex domain modelling and implementation of booking payment, fulfilment and management systems
Our runtime architecture is Service Based and hosted on Google Cloud Platform. Our engineering teams provision and manage their services' infrastructure with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform and Kubernetes.
We place a strong focus on observability, continually evolving our monitoring and alerting stack, currently centred around the Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Tempo ecosystem.
Performance and scalability are integral to our software and infrastructure development process, achieved by combining Computer Science fundamentals and cutting edge cloud technologies.
You should have a good understanding of
- Algorithms, data structures
- Performance, scalability
- HTTP, web services, REST
- Containers, cloud
- Testing, reliability, monitoring
What we'll give back to you
- A competitive salary
- A considerable financial contribution to your continuous professional development
- Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (right next to our offices)
- The best equipment for doing the job - MacBooks or X1 Carbons
- A clear career development pathway
Underpinning our work is a common set of ideas which have been refined and evolved as we scaled our engineering capabilities. We have extracted these into explicit principles so they can influence the changes we make as we continue to grow.
Click the apply button to easily share your details with us and we promise to respond quickly to all applications.