We support 4.5 million visitors each month searching for their ideal holiday, process over 450 billion holiday offers each day and take a booking every 46 seconds. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be an integral part of that process within our award-winning Platform team.
If you are able to apply your professional experience and innovations in systems engineering towards improvements in security, scalability, resilience and the utilisation of our containerised cloud infrastructure, we want to hear from you.
Skills you will bring:
- Automation - you pragmatically automate repetitive tasks.
- Kubernetes - you understand the specifics of operating Kubernetes clusters from a developer perspective. You have a clear understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of operating a multi-tenant Kubernetes platform at scale. You know how to make deployments self-heal and autoscale.
- Cloud - you have in-depth experience with at least one public cloud. You can explain the strengths and weaknesses of this platform, including lesser-known quirks. We prefer Google Cloud Platform for its streamlined productivity, GKE and low(er) cost.
- Linux - you have at least one preferred distribution and you can explain to us why.
- Configuration Management/IaC - you are an advocate of configuration management/IaC with proven experience in implementing and maintaining environments using a code-first approach.
- Experience in capturing and interpreting metrics.
Skills you may have:
- Terraform - we run Terraform using runatlantis.io and view it as the core tool for the sustainable operation of our GCP infrastructure.
- GCP experience - you will have an easier time getting up-to-speed by having previous exposure to GCP. We stay up-to-date with GCP products, using multiple beta features and even presented at Cloud Next.
- Experience supporting and evolving a high traffic web platform. You are comfortable with concepts and tools such as SSL, HTTP(S), H2, H3, nginx, haproxy and varnish.
We provide our Senior Engineers with a clear career development pathway, eligibility for performance bonuses, a collaborative work environment and our benefits package includes a considerable financial contribution to your continuous professional development. You will also be eligible for heavily discounted holidays and that applies to your family and friends too.
Click apply to quickly share your details with us and we promise to respond to all applications.
Internal ref: Cruise