At loveholidays we have 4.5 million visitors each month and process half a trillion holiday packages every day. In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and processed a booking every 47 seconds.
As a Data Engineer, you will contribute to the evolution of data at loveholidays, which includes ingestion and processing of raw data, as well as working with the business to identify and exploit new data opportunities.
What you'll be working on
- Running and improving our core ETL systems (Airflow, PySpark, Bigquery)
- Owning of the quality and simplicity of the system
- Helping to drive our transition to a Data Mesh by enabling our product teams to create Data Products
- Learning about new approaches in Data Engineering and bringing them to bear in our day-to-day work
We have recently completed a large-scale migration of our ETL system onto Google Cloud Platform / Airflow / Bigquery and the next phase in our journey is to start building a Data Mesh at loveholidays, to truly unlock the power of our data.
You should have a good understanding of
- Data modelling
- Structured and unstructured data processing techniques
- Batch + streaming processing approaches
- Use of cloud platform products in data engineering (e.g. GCS, S3, Dataproc)
- Unit testing
- Python 3
What we'll give back to you
- A competitive salary
- A considerable financial contribution to your continuous professional development
- Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (right next to our offices)
- The best equipment for doing the job - MacBooks or X1 Carbons
- A clear career development pathway
Underpinning our work is a common set of ideas which have been refined and evolved as we scaled our engineering capabilities. We have extracted these into explicit principles so they can influence the changes we make as we continue to grow.
Those who succeed here are self-motivated and eager to learn. Our culture is low on hierarchy and we value outcomes over how many hours you work.
Click “apply” to easily share your details with us, and we promise to respond quickly to all applications.