We have grown rapidly in the last few years (we are the 4th largest Online Travel Agent in the UK) and so access to data and insights has become increasingly vital.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for ingesting a plethora of raw data and transforming it into formats that allow further analysis.
We have recently completed a large-scale migration of our ETL system onto Google Cloud Platform / Airflow / Bigquery and the next phase in our journey is to start building a Data Mesh at loveholidays, to truly unlock the power of our data.
Are you the Senior Data Engineer to help drive us into that next stage of growth?
Once here, you will be responsible for:
- Owning of the quality and simplicity of the system
- Shaping and continually evolving loveholidays’ core data models
- Running and improving our daily reporting ETL (Airflow, Spark, Bigquery)
- Helping to drive our transition to a Data Mesh by enabling our product teams to create Data Products
- Learning about new approaches in Data Engineering and bringing them to bear in our day-to-day work
You will bring your experience of:
- Data modelling
- Creating and maintaining ETL processes
- Cloud Computing (AWS / GCP)
- Apache Spark
- Automated testing
You may have worked with:
- Google Cloud Platform (Bigquery, GCS, Dataproc)
- A Linux environment
Those who succeed here are self-motivated and eager to learn. Our culture is low on hierarchy and we value outcomes over how many hours you work.
Click “apply” to easily share your details with us, and we promise to respond quickly to all applications.
Internal ref: Islands