We are redefining the experience of booking holidays online for millions of customers.
We process hundreds of billions of holiday offers - daily - to power our innovative search experience. We place ourselves close to our customers with a rapidly evolving mobile app and are improving the contact experience, both when our customers contact us and when we contact them.
The global pandemic has prompted us to evolve our approach towards customer contacts. At the peak of travel disruptions, Customer Experience teams dealt with more than 7,000 contacts a day and we kept hundreds of thousands of customers up-to-date on the ever-changing regulations.
Throughout this experience, and into the future, we see technology having a major influence in helping customers. We have partnered with Google, Twilio, and others, to create an innovative customer experience centre, built around programmable, intelligent and integrated services that combine to improve the contact experience for customers and agents.
To accelerate this we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team.
What we look for in candidates
You can expect to be solving complex problems, both at the customer or agent level, and within the systems you build. We’re interested in people who can demonstrate their problem-solving skills, enthusiasm for learning, exploration, experimentation and understanding of how things work.
Our teams are built around products. We don't bucket engineers to one specific role and look for people that are curious and want to explore the stack that powers loveholidays. Guided by data, we experiment daily and come up with new and innovative ways of building a better experience for our customers.
What you’ll do in this role
- Spearhead the modernisation of the User Interface our agents use to assist our customers
- Build contact centre and communication systems with Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform, Rudderstack’s Customer Data Platform and our in house booking software
- Be at the forefront of the evolution of our customer communications channels such as live chat, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and explore new approaches with bots, Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence
You’ll be right at home if
- You enjoy building user interfaces - React experience is a plus, as we use Twilio to power our contact centre
- You employ Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, design, testing, performance) when designing and developing systems
- You have an understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem
- You want to work on web services at scale
- You explore, understand and explain problems through data
- You are curious about using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to help customers through conversation, for example, Dialogflow or Contact Center AI
Internal Ref - Cruise