loveholidays is on a mission to build the next generation of online travel agents. We want customers to tell us what they want to do on their trip, and we’ll find that incredible experience that fits their needs. We let millions of customers search through over 36 billion offers that we curate and are constantly exploring new and innovative ways to create that perfect holiday-finding experience.
In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and processed a booking every 47 seconds. We believe that with exceptional, autonomous, cross-functional product teams and focusing on our differentiation, we can take loveholidays to the next level.
We’re looking for senior software engineers who want to work on the most critical part of our experience - the website and app.
What you’ll be working on:
- Work on our brand new Rust experimentation platform that performs in microseconds at the Fastly Edge, it’s the first of its kind and we have a long way to go
- Figure out how we create complex, customisable and data driven landing pages that our teams can build on our new headless CMS
- Integrate our DialogFlow chatbots into our brand new mobile application and see how customers interact with them
- Create seamless integrations between our Design System and Figma to empower designers and engineers - we use Figma Tokens and automate our Design System changes
- Be part of the future of our GraphQL system and API gateway (that gets thousands of requests a second) using Envelop and Federation
- Contribute back to open source projects as we push the boundaries of performance in our web applications
- Work with React Native Web (Twitter uses this) on our mobile app to ensure we give an incredible user experience not just on mobile phones
We work with you to figure out what team and what you want to work on. Currently we have a Search, Manage and Product Infrastructure team and they all have openings.
We’re looking for people who are keen to deepen their skills in all of the above, and expand even further in their engineering careers. Tech stacks are always subject to change, and we hope you can influence the future of Loveholidays.
As a product engineer you’ll be working primarily with TypeScript, Preact and Node, but we employ many different languages across our teams and encourage engineers to work across the entire stack - from our Kubernetes infrastructure to our Rust edge platform.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited about building products in cross functional teams to deliver a best-in-class user experience to consumers
- You are interested in scalability and performance, addressing them by employing cutting edge algorithms, software design and technologies
- You want to have an even deeper understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem
- You care about UX, performance, accessibility and experimentation driven by data
- You like business problems over technology and are pragmatic about your choices
- You have a constant interest in learning more and want to grow in your career - we strive to support engineers in their growth and will give you the platform to do it
- We have a clear skills matrix and will ensure you get all the help you need to continue to improve your career
What we’ll give back to you
- A competitive salary
- Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends 🏖 (trust us we have some great hotels)
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (right next to our offices!)
- The best equipment for doing the job - MacBooks or X1 Carbons are our choice
- Regular career and development reviews