Since 2012, loveholidays has been enabling customers to search for the right holiday by the type of holiday (beach, kids club, less than £250 per person), not just where and when our customers want to go on holiday. This approach has been one of the building blocks that has taken us to be the 4th largest package operator in the UK and allowed us to win several prestigious growth awards on route - including fastest growing company in the UK in 2019!
At loveholidays, we have over 4.5 million visitors each month and process half a trillion hotel room & flight combinations into holiday packages every day, securing a booking on average every ~30 seconds. Holiday data feeds into sophisticated real time search and machine learning recommendation systems, all hosted on cutting edge cloud infrastructure, to provide our customers with industry leading technology for finding the best holiday.
To take loveholidays to the next level, we want to grow the Design team and improve how it is embedded into the company’s fabric.
As a Product Designer, you will contribute to the evolution of data at Loveholidays, which includes ingestion and processing of raw data, as well as working with the business to identify and exploit new data opportunities. You will act as the link between the Product Team & our customer base, be key in the Product Discovery process & also support our Engineering function with implementation of new features.
What you'll be working on:
- Design digital experiences that improve our customers' interactions with us
- Work closely with our internal teams to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Work on end-to-end design and product problems with the product teams and ship amazing new experiences that drive better conversion and engagement for our customers
- Initiate and participate in user research and A/B/n testing
You should have:
- UI/UX experience - worked on a digital product, been involved in defining the information architecture & the behaviour of UI elements
- User Research experience - conducted user interviews, looked at quantitative + qualitative data & been able to draw insight from it in order to present to advise & guide product level decision making
- Demonstrated track record of leading the design efforts on shipped quality software across web and mobile
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full product development lifecycle
- Clear evidence of collaborative, interdisciplinary working methods
- Have been part of cross functional product teams working on features, iterating and measuring the value delivered to the customer
- Navigate comfortably between being “hands-on-in-the-detail” of projects and contributing to the wider program of work
- An exceptional eye for detail and enthusiasm to work in a iterative design process
Your portfolio should contain examples of great work and the outcomes of it all. It should cover more than just the design but the process on how you got there and the structure around you that got you there.
What we'll give back to you:
- A competitive salary + annual bonus
- Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends - trust us we have some great hotels!
- The best equipment for doing the job - MacBooks or X1 Carbons are our choice
- Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (right next to our offices!)
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Up to 10% Pension (5% matched) - we partner with Royal London
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- Regular career and development reviews
Underpinning our work is a common set of ideas which have been refined and evolved as we scaled our engineering capabilities. We have extracted these into explicit principles so they can influence the changes we make as we continue to grow.
Those who succeed here are self-motivated and eager to learn. Our culture is low on hierarchy and we value outcomes over how many hours you work.
Click “apply” to easily share your details with us, and we promise to respond quickly to all applications.