At loveholidays we have 4.5 million visitors each month and process half a trillion holiday packages every day. In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and processed a booking every 47 seconds.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to the evolution of our search, recommendation, booking, fulfilment and data analysis systems, all hosted on cutting edge cloud infrastructure, to provide our customers with industry leading technology for finding the best holidays. You will also work on:
- The application of our engineering principles by your team
- Designing, implementing and running complex Online Travel Agency systems
- Ensuring your team’s systems contribute to business goals
- Effectively communicating your team’s technical direction to stakeholders
We are a technical department who enjoy solving complex technical problems and our Senior Engineers are hands on.
What you'll be working on
- Supplier integration and data systems that daily process vast amounts of data
- Industry leading bespoke, high performance search and recommendation systems
- Sophisticated real time pricing systems running our Data Science team's models
- Complex domain modelling and implementation of booking payment, fulfilment and management systems
Our runtime architecture is Service Based and hosted on Google Cloud Platform. Our engineering teams provision and manage their services' infrastructure with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform and Kubernetes.
We place a strong focus on observability, continually evolving our monitoring and alerting stack, currently centred around the Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Tempo ecosystem.
Performance and scalability are integral to our software and infrastructure development process, achieved by combining Computer Science fundamentals and cutting edge cloud technologies.
You should have a good understanding of
- Algorithms, data structures
- Performance, scalability
- HTTP, web services, REST
- Containers, cloud
- Testing, reliability, monitoring
What we'll give back to you
- Company pension contributions at 5%
- Training budget for you to learn on the job and level yourself up
- Discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- 25 days of holidays per annum (plus 8 public holidays) increases by 1 day for every second year of service, up to a maximum 30 days per annum
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan and eye care vouchers
- Hybrid working - we work 3 days per week in the office