Loveholidays is on a mission to build the next generation of online travel agents. We let millions of customers search through over 36 billion offers that we curate and are constantly exploring new and innovative ways to create that perfect holiday-finding experience.In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and since the beginning of 2022 we have been processing a booking every ~30 seconds.
About the team
At loveholidays, the Manage team is responsible for servicing the needs of customers after they have made a booking. We serve millions of customers monthly, ensuring they can find their information about their holiday or make amendments in just a few clicks. We work in highly-aligned, autonomous cross functional product teams and own the post-booking journey. We are always looking to push the boundaries of what we can do with technology to drive an incredible customer experience.
If you want to read more about the great things we are doing, check out our tech blog.
What you'll be working on
- Expanding on our cutting edge Preact application to provide meaningful features to millions of users.
- Build server driven UIs that can be changed without engineering involvement to enable different parts of the business to optimise the platform.
- Work across our stack - from optimising the performance of our app, to deploying GraphQL changes to rolling out new services to serve our customers like hotel recommendations
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, data analysts, and engineers from across the business to ideate and implement solutions for our users and take those through from idea to deployment. Everyone in the team contributes to the future of our search experience.
- Contribute back to open source projects as we push the boundaries of performance of our web applications.
We’re looking for people who are keen to deepen their skills in all of the above, and expand even further in their engineering careers. Tech stacks are always subject to change, and we hope you can influence the future of loveholidays.
As an engineer on the Manage team you’ll be working primarily with Preact, GraphQL, TypeScript and Node. However, we employ many different languages across our teams and encourage engineers to work across the entire stack - from our Kubernetes infrastructure to our Rust edge platform.
What we're looking for
- You'll have a few years of experience under your belt and are looking for your next role. We're excited to meet people who want to build amazing products and deliver a world-class user experience to our customers.
- You are interested in scalability and performance, addressing them by employing cutting edge algorithms, software design and technologies.
- You want to have an even deeper understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem.
- You care about UX, accessibility and experimentation driven by data.
- You like business problems over technology and are pragmatic about your choices.
- You have a constant interest in learning more and want to grow in your career - we strive to support engineers in their growth and will give you the platform to do it. We have a clear skills matrix and will ensure you get all the help you need to continue to improve your career.
What we'll give back to you
Other than an amazing environment for you to grow, have impact and show the world your incredible skills, we offer the following benefits:
- Company pension contributions at 5%
- Training budget for you to learn on the job and level yourself up
- Clear career pathways and support to ensure you continue to grow
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- Discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- 25 days of holidays per annum (plus 8 public holidays) increases by 1 day for every second year of service, up to a maximum 30 days per annum
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan and eye care vouchers
- Hybrid working - we work 2 days per week in the office
- Monthly office based social events
- Weekly Wednesday drinks in the office kitchen
- Sustainably sourced fruit baskets in the office kitchen