Internal Controls Lead
Why work for us?
At loveholidays, we’re on a mission to open the world to everyone, giving our customers’ unlimited choice, unmatched ease and unmissable value for their next getaway. Our team is the driving force behind our role as our customers’ personal holiday expert - the smart way to get away.
About the Role
The Internal Controls Lead will work directly with finance teams (Operations, Reporting, Commercial and Treasury) across LoveHolidays to perform end to end assessment of the internal controls environment and identify requirements to comply and action plan to comply with UK Corporate Governance Code 2018.
The ideal candidate will be from an external audit or internal audit background with SOX controls experience in various process areas such as Record-to-Report (RtR), Order-to-Cash (OtC), Procure-to-Pay (PtP) and Treasury, and ideally have gone through an end to end controls assessment cycle (risk assessment, testing, deficiencies and mitigation).
- Perform risk assessments across finance processes by testing current state of internal controls
- Create a deficiencies tracker alongside an assessment of severity of each deficiency noted
- Formulate a remediation plan for deficiencies identified
- Implement remediation plan by prioritising areas with the highest risk
- Test controls post implementation of remediation plan
- 3-5 years of experience in auditing and/ or designing and implementing internal controls
- End to end experience of testing internal controls, identifying weaknesses, designing and implementing internal controls
- ACCA/ ACA qualified or similar qualifications
- Strong communication skills, with ability to interact with and challenge senior leadership
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise based on business requirements/ risk levels
Not necessary but would be desirable to have:
- Experience of responding to queries from regulators (FRC/ PCAOB)
- Experience of working with a fast paced, small to medium sized business
- Experience of implementing controls for the first time in a business
Other than an amazing environment for you to grow, have impact and show the world your incredible skills, we offer the following benefits:
- Company pension contributions at 5%
- Training budget for you to learn on the job and level yourself up
- Discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- 25 days of holidays per annum (plus 8 public holidays) increases by 1 day for every second year of service, up to a maximum 30 days per annum
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan and eye care vouchers
At loveholidays, we focus on developing an inclusive culture and environment that encourages personal growth and collective success. Each individual offers unique perspectives and ideas that increase the diversity and effectiveness of our teams. And we value the insight and potential you could bring on our continued journey.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Our London HQ is an open-plan office in Hammersmith. We are just 5 minutes walk from the river and have great meeting spaces and plenty of break-out areas.
Internal Controls Lead
Loading application form
Already working at loveholidays?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.