“Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves” – Tim Berners-Lee
Do you see the value in data and the opportunity it presents to performance? If so, you could be our next Trading & Revenue Analyst.
This is a new role and leads the analysis of a diverse range of data sources, solving complex commercial or trading problems; providing tangible actions and measurable results. At loveholidays our Insights team is the beating heart of the business. If this sounds interesting, read on to see if you might be a close fit.
Your experience resolving unstructured commercial problems makes you skilled at using data to deliver insight on possible causes; and you convert that insight into tangible actions for other teams to understand and act upon – with measurable results.
You have worked extensively with SQL and have experience with using python (or similar programming language) to manipulate data and draw insights through statistical or machine learning analyses.
Your experience of web statistics means you may have used tools such as Google Analytics to analyse visit and conversion data.
You can manage your work by commercial outcome rather than detailed tasks and are able to rapidly get up to speed with the value drivers of business, interaction of systems and sources of data.
At loveholidays you will be part of a close-knit technology team that believes in a positive work-life balance, with bi-annual company events, regular after-work drinks and much more. We provide a great benefits package including significant travel discounts and 25 days’ holiday.
To register your interest, click “apply” to quickly and easily share your CV with us and we promise to respond to all applications quickly.
The role profile is detailed below
What good performance looks like in this role
- Takes complex or unstructured commercial problems and uses data to deliver insight on possible causes
- Converts insight into tangible actions, for other teams to understand and act upon (with measurable results)
- Uses data to identify opportunities and present as tangible actions
- Monitors website performance (alongside others) and identifies issues for investigation
- Handles unstructured and high-level commercial imperatives, converting them into detailed tasks and lines of enquiry without supervision.
- Improves site performance (volumes and/or conversion) as a direct result of actions
- Able to manage by commercial outcome not detailed tasks
- Rapidly becomes familiar with value drivers of business, interaction of systems and sources of data
You and what you bring
- Experience within a commercial business
- Experience analysing website visit and conversion data (Google Analytics ideally)
- Advanced SQL
- Basic Python
- Statistics (basic, A/B test analysis experience)
- ML (basic, ability to interface with Data Science experts)
- Experience of dealing with requests from business, trading problems or data anomalies within a commercial business and converting into an opportunity
- Demonstrable ability for analysing data; determining root cause at a level of detail where actions can be taken
- An ability to summarise and explain findings in a clear and appropriate way to a variety of audiences
- Autonomous – more accustomed to being given abstract problems than detailed small tasks
- A positive, pro-active and fun attitude to working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working within the travel sector
- Advanced Python
Internal ref - Beach